Women's Hairdressing (NVQ) L2 Diploma at North Lindsey College
This course is designed for students seeking a career in hairdressing. All aspects of hairdressing are covered within this course. You will do practical sessions in our own salons, as well as studying theory. You will be here at least one evening per week.
To achieve this qualification students must complete the following units:
- G20 - Make sure your own actions reduce risks to health & safety
- G17 - Give clients a positive impression of yourself and the organisation
- G7 - Advise and consult with clients
- GH12 - Cut hair using basic techniques
- GH8 - Shampoo and condition treating hair and scalp
- GH10/11 - Style, finish set and dress hair
- GH9 - Change hair colour
- G18 - Promote additional services
- One functional skill in either English, Maths or IT - the level and subject will be determined on enrolment.
A good standard of general education is essential:
- 4 GCSEs at grades A*-E, typically including either Maths or English at A*-C or a progression route after successfully achieving the VRQ Level 2 Hairdressing/Apprenticeship Programme of Study.
- Although North Lindsey College will endeavour to obtain clients throughout the course, it is your own responsibility to ensure you have enough models to undertake all your assessments.
There are no final examinations on the course. All work is continually assessed by means of oral, written and practical assessments. A portfolio of evidence will also be produced throughout the course.
On successful achievement of Level 2, together with the appropriate levels of Maths and English, you could progress onto the Level 3 Diploma Hairdressing (VRQ) course or into employment within the industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Lindsey College directly.