Media Studies BTEC Level 3 at Stockton Sixth Form College
Why study Media Studies?
- I want to understand the media and its products
- I want to develop a critical awareness of the society I live in.
- Analysing different media forms and understanding how they operate
- Using advanced video production facilities, digital camcorders and ‘non-linear’ digital editing facilities to produce a film trailer and a popular music video
- Looking at a wide range of media products drawn from the main media forms and institutions, for example: TV, Film, Radio, Newspapers and magazines, Popular music, Advertising, Internet
- Visits to London to view the BBC Television Centre and the British Board of Film Classification and to the National Museum of Film and Photography in Bradford.
Stockton Sixth Form College prides itself on having options for students of different abilities, and would advise any prospective student interested in applying, whatever their predicted grades, to get in touch so that a suitable programme of study can be discussed.
The college has a flexible timetable whereby almost all combinations of subjects are possible. Students will be advised of any non-compatible subject choices, if appropriate, at enrolment.
By continuous assessment.
Progression n Higher education
Any career where analytical skills and creativity are valued.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Stockton Sixth Form College directly.