Mechanical and Electrical Engineering BTEC Level 2 First Extended Certificate at Doncaster College
This award is aimed at people new to the Engineering Industry who require qualifications in Electrical/Mechanical specialisms.
The first year general course covers topics both in Electrical and Mechanical, successful students will be able to progress onto a National Certificate course and specialise in either Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
The course requires the completion of two core units, two mandatory units and six specialist units.
- The Engineered World
- Investigating an Engineered Product
- Mandatory Units:-
- Interpreting and Using Engineering Information
- Mathematics for Engineering
- Health and Safety in Engineering
- Engineering Materials
- Electronic Circuit Design and Construction
- Electrical and Mechanical Science for Engineering
- Computer Aided Engineering
- Machining Techniques
- GCSE grade C or above in Maths and Science plus 2 GCSEs at grade D
- For equivalent qualifications see the ‘Guide to General Entry Requirements’
- All applicants must complete an initial assessment in Maths and English and attend an individual interview
The course is assessed by internal/external, practical or written assignments. As part of the assessment every student must pass, or have passed each of the functional skills at level 1 which are assessed on the course.
Successful students can progress on to the Level 3 Diploma in Engineering.
This programme is aimed at people wanting to enter the industry in roles such as team leader, engineering technician and craftsman; however after further study there are wider job opportunities including senior engineer, technical manager, project manager.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Doncaster College directly.