Bricklaying Diploma - Level 1 at Crawley College
With both practical assignments and theory-based modules, you’ll get a solid foundation for a career in the construction industry. You’ll develop essential knowledge of health and safety practices, construction technologies and become an effective communicator.
You’ll also boost your bricklaying techniques, learning to construct block, brick and cavity walling and setting out for basic masonry structures.
The course consists of 8 units: Both practical and theory based.
The units will cover:
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries.
- Knowledge of technical information, quantities and communication with others.
- Knowledge of construction technology.
- Construct block walling.
- Construct brick walling.
- Construct cavity walling.
- Setting out for basic masonry structures.
- Mix construction materials.
- Practical work
- Written and practical assignments
- Work experience where possible
Every learner at Central Sussex College who is under 19 will undertake a personal Study Programme designed to develop them academically, practically and personally. Study Programmes contain 3 essential elements:
- Subject Course – Vocational or chosen Academic subject, usually studied for 12 – 16 hours a week.
- English and Maths – Every learner will work towards Level 2 English and Maths (C grade equivalent). Learners who have achieved a Grade C will extend their English and Maths.
- 3E – Our own brand of specific entrepreneurship, enterprise and employability training.
You will have specific time in your timetable for each of the three elements above and you will be expected to attend all elements throughout the year. Study programmes are designed to help you meet your maximum potential and progress to the next level of study of into work.
You will need a minimum of four GCSEs at grade E and F, including English and Maths.
Methods of Assessment:
• Ongoing practical and theory assessments throughout the course
• Online knowledge testing (multiple choice)
• Practical tests
On successful completion of this course you will have an opportunity to progress onto a Level 2 Diploma in Brickwork.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.