City & Guilds Level 1 Award in Introduction to Health & Social and Children’s and Young People’s Settings at Wakefield Adult and Community Education Services
This course will give an insight into the key responsibilities and activities involved in working in health and social care and childcare sector.
For the level 1 award you will need to achieve 10 credits. You will complete the following units:
- Understand the range of service provision and roles within health & social care and children and young people
- Understand the principles & values in health & social care and children and young people
Introductory awareness of health and safety in health & social care and children’s and young people’s settings
This course is aimed at:
- Carers, either employed, voluntary or informal carers
- Learners returning to study or seeking a career change
- Learners who do not have an accredited qualification
- Learners wanting to know more about health and social care and/or children and young people’s workforce
The first 4 weeks of the course form an introduction which will assess your skills, knowledge and commitment to the course. At this point a review will be undertaken with you and the course tutor to agree the most appropriate progression route.
The first 4 weeks of the course will be an introduction which costs £27. The cost of the full 12 week course is £82. The cost of the introduction will be deducted from the full course fee although you may be entitled to either a free course or support with your fees and other costs. Please ask at your centre.
The course is free to 16-18s
16-18s can apply for a bursary at enrolment(if eligible).
Level 2 Certificate in Children’s & Young People’s Workforce
Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
This may involve travelling and studying at a different centre.
Contact the 16-18 senior tutor/mentor - Peter Bell
by email at
To arrange an assessment/interview before you enrol.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.