Computer Science A Level at Bridgwater College
Computer Science is for students who have a passion for technology and want to pursue a career in this exciting and rapidly developing global industry. The course will appeal to you if you would like to become a games developer, programmer, web developer, or technical support assistant. The skills developed on this course are highly transferrable to future employment in various roles.
- Fundamentals of programming and data structures
- Fundamentals of data structures
- Software development
- Theory of computation
- Fundamentals of data representation and computer systems
- Fundamentals of computer organisation and architecture
- Consequences of uses of computing
- Fundamentals of communication and networking
- Fundamentals of Databases
- Big Data
- Fundamentals of Functional Programming
An assessed piece of coursework using the knowledge and skills gained to solve a practical problem.
Five GCSEs in the A* – C range, including Maths and English at grade C or above.
Formal summative assessments are in the form or one practical programming exam, and one written exam at the end of the year. Formative assessments will be carried out throughout the year in a variety of ways including coursework.
Combined with other AS and A-level subjects, most students will progress onto a Higher Education course at Bridgwater College or other university.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bridgwater College directly.