Education Professions (Access to HE) Level 3 at Warrington & Vale Royal College
Access to Higher Education Diplomas are recognised by all universities for most degree subjects. They have been designed, developed and approved with the support of universities and other higher education institutions.Learners who achieve this qualification go on to study a degree in Education or study the Certificate in Education. Typical careers are teacher/lecturer
- Introduction to Education Theory & Practice
- Introduction to English Literature – Texts and Genres
- Planning a Research Project
- Academic WritingCarrying out a Research Project
- Work Experience
- Practical Applications – Planning and Delivery
- English Literature - Drama
- The Effect of the Media on Aggression in Children
- Key Developments in Education policy and Change
- English Literature – The Nineteenth Century novel
- The Role of Play in Child Development
Most universities ask for GCSE in English Language and/or GCSE Maths at C or above, in addition to the Access Diploma, in order to be eligible to apply for certain degrees. You are therefore advised to research your intended degree and the universities you intend to apply to, in order to confirm their specific entry requirements. For this reason, you will be required to have a minimum of GCSE English Language or Maths at C or above for entry onto the Access Course. Adults who do not have the pre-requisite entry qualifications are welcome to apply. The admissions tutor will use your initial assessment results to ascertain whether this is the right course for you.
You will be assessed during the course as each unit is taught and completed. A variety of methods will be used such as essays, presentations, research projects and exams.
Successful students can progress onto a BA in Education or Certificate in Education
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Warrington & Vale Royal College directly.