Sport BTEC Level 3 90 Credit Diploma at Havering College of Further and Higher Education
The course is predominantly theory-based with some practical sessions on the timetable. You will study 10 units that will cover the following topics:
- Fitness Training & Programming
- Sports Coaching
- Assessing Risk in Sport
- Practical Team Sports
- Fitness Testing for Sport & Exercise
- Principles of Anatomy & Physiology
- Sports Nutrition
- The Physiology of Fitness
- Exercise, Health & Lifestyle
- Instructing Physical Activity & Exercise
You will be required to pay a £35 fee towards your kit and a class trip later in the year. This fee is payable on enrolment (Students progressing from the level 2 course are not required to buy a new kit).
If you have not yet achieved a grade C (or above) in GCSE English and maths, you will be required to attend GCSE resit sessions (if you achieved grade D) or functional skills sessions (if you achieved grade E or below).
- 4 GCSE's at grade C (including English and maths)
- A BTEC level 2 Diploma in Sport at Merit level or equivalent qualification.
- A reference from your previous school, college or employer.
- Successfully complete an initial assessment in SkillsBuilder
You will be assessed via a practical demonstrations, written assignments and presentations.
You could progress onto the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport providing good attendance, punctuality, behaviour and work is demonstrated.
Employment opportunities could involve work within the following areas of the Sport and Leisure industry:
- Activity Leadership
- Exercise and Fitness
- Sports Development
- Outdoor Environment
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Havering College of Further and Higher Education directly.