Sport (Football Academy) BTEC Level 3 at Shipley College
The Shipley College – Guiseley AFC Football Academy offers talented young footballers high quality football development with continued academic study.
This course is perfect if you want to combine progression in football, either playing or coaching, with the dynamic area of physical education, sports coaching and sports development.
Daily coaching and practice will help develop your skills in practical and theoretical coaching and training techniques.
You will have the opportunity to play in the Conference Youth Alliance or English Colleges FA leagues.
In College you focus on developing your knowledge and understanding of leadership and coaching skills to enhance your sporting abilities
- Training and Fitness
- Nutrition for Sport
- Fitness Testing
- Principles of Sports Coaching
- Work Experience
- Business in Sport
- Sports Psychology
- Sports Development.
- 4 GCSEs at grade A* - C (9 - 4), including English & maths. If you don’t have grade C (5-4) in both subjects, the minimum for the other is grade D (3).
- A full Level 2 at PP grade or above with maths and English grades equivalent to those stated above.*
- All applicants will have to attend a football trial and be recommended by Guiseley AFC Head Youth Coach.
* Students with grade D (3) in either English or maths will be expected to re-take that subject in Year 1.
This course can lead to employment in areas such as sports coaching/training and sports development, further studies at university or the opportunity to play for professional/semi-professional clubs.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Shipley College directly.