Information Technology BTEC Level 3 Foundation Diploma at Dallam School
Aim of the course
- The BTEC Level 3 Diploma offers an engaging programme for those who are clear about the area of employment that they wish to enter.
- BTEC’s offer a practical approach, by applying learning to reallife situations. Students have to undertake a number of units for which they present evidence, based on actual work and studies. This allows them to demonstrate their skill and knowledge.
Suitable for learners looking for a solid foundation in Information Technology to be studied alongside other Level 3 areas of study which either contrast or complement the IT sector knowledge and skills.
The qualification consists of six units and includes four mandatory units and two optional units.
- Information Technology Systems
- Creating Systems to Manage Information
- Using Social Media in Business
Optional Units: Students will do two from the following:
- Data Modelling
- Website Development
- Mobile App Development
- Computer Games Development
You should have 4 C’s and 2 D’s at GCSE or equivalent.
- 4 assignments - set and marked by Dallam - Students complete a series of tasks set in a work-related scenario
- 1 task - set and marked by Edexcel - Students complete, in controlled conditions, a practical task tackling an everyday challenge; some tasks also draw on pre-released information
- 1 written exam - set and marked by Edexcel - Students draw on essential information to create written answers to practical questions in exam conditions
This qualification is accepted as a qualification for university courses in all subjects and employment. University courses include: BSc Computing Science, BA Computer Arts, BSc Computer Games Technology, BSc Computer Graphics, Vision and Games, BA Business and Computing Jobs in the ICT sector include: Computer games developer, Computer games tester, E-learning developer, Forensic Computer analysts, IT Project Manager, Media Researcher, Web Developer.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Dallam School directly.