Painting & Decorating Level 3 Diploma at Havering College of Further and Higher Education
Throughout the course you will develop advanced techniques and a deeper understanding of the industry as you demonstrate your competency through completing practical and written assignments.
You will study the following units:
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Erecting and dismantling access equipment and working platforms
- Principles of organising, planning and pricing construction work
- Applying hangings to walls and ceilings
- Producing specialist finishes for painted decorative work
- Producing specialist architectural finishes for decorative work
- Applying waterborne paint systems using airless equipment
- Applying waterborne paint systems using High Volume Low Pressure (HVLP) spray equipment
If you have not yet achieved a grade C (or above) in GCSE English and maths, you will be required to attend GCSE resit sessions (if you achieved grade D) or functional skills sessions (if you achieved grade E or below).
- Level 2 qualification in a similar subject
- GCSE maths and English at grade C or D
You will be assessed via practical/written assignments and an online multiple choice examination.
You could progress onto a Level 4 course in a similar field to further develop your skills.
Employment opportunities could include work within the construction industry as a foreman, site agent, contracts manager, self-employed or a range of opportunities in the industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Havering College of Further and Higher Education directly.