Children's Care, Learning and Development BTEC First Certificate and Diploma at East Riding College
This course provides knowledge and practical training for those who wish to work with children in a wide range of early years and child care settings.
- Understanding children's development
- Keeping children safe
- Communicating with children and adults
- Preparing and maintaining environments for child care
- Professional development, roles and responsibilities in child care
Plus one specialist unit from:
- Supporting children's play and learning
- The development and care of babies and young children under three years
- Providing support for children with disabilities or special educational needs
Plus a minimum of 300 hours working with children and young people aged from birth to 16 years old.
- A minimum of four GCSEs at grade D (preferably including English Language)
- BTEC introductory certificate or CFCC at merit grade or above
- Satisfactory record of achievement/references
- All applicants will be invited to attend an informal interview and initial assessment
A variety of assessment methods are used including assignments, presentations, displays and written reports.
If you complete this course you could progress onto a BTEC National Certificate or Diploma in Children's Care Learning and Development ,Level Two Intermediate Apprenticeship or Level Three Advanced Apprenticeship in Children and Young People's Workforce or Level Three BTEC Diploma Health and Social Care and employment opportunities, such as in a private nursery, as a child support assistant or as a nanny.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.