Hairdressing Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 at Milton Keynes College
This programme will help you gain practical skills and theoretical knowledge. Depending on the optional units you choose, you will cover creative cutting, colouring, perming, long hair, Avant Garde, and business and management skills. You will also study Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths and English. You will also need to purchase a progression kit and uniform (information will be provided) approx. price of £120. If you are 19+ there will be a cost incurred for the course.
You need to achieve 58 credits minimum. There are 4 mandatory units add up to 21credits:
• Health and safety regulations
• Creating a wide variety of looks using different cutting techniques
• Promoting additional products
• How to provide a hairdressing consultation service
Then 5 optional units which must add up to 37 credits from a choice of:
Colouring hair using creative techniques
• Develop and enhance your creative hairdressing skills
• How to perm hair using an array of techniques
• How to provide colour correction service
• Support customer service improvements
• Contribute to the financial effectiveness of the business
• Planning promotional activities
• Style and dressing long hair
• Style and dressing hair to achieve creative looks.
To take part in this programme you are required to have:
• achieved an NVQ Level 2 qualification or equivalent
• excellent practical level 2 skills and experience. You will also have to attend a mandatory trades test and interview to be accepted onto the course, which will include you sitting a short exam and carrying out a haircut.
The majority of the programme is assessed in the workplace. However, you will be required to attend College 1 day a week, which will normally lead to a qualification that is achieved by completing assignments. You will be allocated a named assessor who will guide and support you throughout your Apprenticeship programme. Your assessor will visit you at least every 4 weeks for assessment or study support purposes. A review will be carried out every twelve weeks or less to identify progress and set new targets.
Applicants who complete the programme can look forward to progressing to an A1 Assessors Award or a Level 4 qualification.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Milton Keynes College directly.