GSCE: English Language at New College Leicester
GCSE English Language gives students the opportunity to explore the meanings behind non-fiction texts such as newspaper articles and develop their own reading and writing skills.
The course will teach you how to analyse writers’ use of language techniques to engage the reader and have an opportunity to study a range of fiction and non-fiction texts.
You will have the opportunity to take part in various speaking and listening activities as well as understanding how spoken language is used and adapted to suit different audiences.
Students should have already achieved an English grade 3-1 at GCSE and have followed the content taught in Years 10/11.
External exam 100%
- Paper 1 - Fiction and imaginative writing (40%)
- Paper 2 - Non-fiction and transactional writing (60%)
- A grade 4 is required in English for further eductaion courses and jobs.
- A level English Language/Literature.
- Journalism, newspaper, advertising.
Please contact Mr Paul Butler (Head of English) or your Connexions or careers advisor.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.