Travel and Tourism BTEC Level 3 at Shire Oak Academy
Studying Travel and Tourism allows pupils to learn about the nature of the travel and tourism sector as well as building essential communication and written skills. This is done through a number of approaches including links with local businesses, case studies and research.
In Year 12: Pupils will complete three units
- Investigating the Travel and Tourism Sector
- The Business of Travel and Tourism
- The UK as a Destination
In Year 13: Pupils complete a further 3 units
- Customer Service in Travel and Tourism
- Preparing for Employment in Travel and Tourism
- Long Haul Travel Destinations
A genuine interest in this vocational area is essential, together with 5 GCSE grades at A* - C.
This course supports vocational job possibilities in marketing, customer service, world-wide travel destinations and tourism development.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Shire Oak Academy directly.