Public services - BTEC Diploma in Public Service level 2 at Kirklees College, Huddersfield Centre
If you would like to pursue a career in the emergency services, armed forces or government services, such as the police force, HM Prison Service or British Army, then this is the course for you.
The course will prepare you with the knowledge and physical requirements of the public services.
The units studied are:
- Public service skills,
- Employment in the uniformed public services,
- Career planning for the public services,
- Improving health and fitness for entry to the uniformed public services,
- Adventurous activities and teamwork for the public services,
- Expedition skills in public services,
- Volunteering in public services.
A minimum of 4 GCSEs with the following grades: English at grade 3 and maths at grade 2 or above, and 2 other GCSEs grade 3 or above.
There are no formal exams. You will be assessed to nationally set standards throughout the year through various activities, such as discussions, presentations, written assessments, practical demonstrations, fitness tests and group activities.
As a full time student you should not need to pay any course or examination fees (under 19).
There may be a cost for equipment, educational visits, printing etc.
- BTEC Subsidiary Diploma in Public Services (1 year),
- BTEC Diploma in Public Services (2 years, equivalent to 2 A-levels), or
- BTEC Extended Diploma in Public Services (2 years, equivalent to 3 A-levels).
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.