Computing (90 Credit) BTEC L3 Diploma at North Lindsey College
The Level 3 90 Credit Diploma course in Computing has been developed to meet the needs
of learners embarking on careers related to computing. It provides the knowledge, understanding and skill for learners planning a career within this industry. The course has been specifically designed to give learners a base knowledge in a range of disciplines,
and enable them to find a focus for possible future progression at degree level.
On successful completion you could progress onto the Extended Diploma course or seek employment in any of the following areas:
- Website Design
- Games Development
- IT Support
- Business related IT
The 90 Credit Diploma in Computing is equivalent to 1.5 A Levels and consists of 9
- Communications and Employability Skills in IT
- Computer Systems
- Information Systems
- Website Production and Management
- Developing Computer Games
- Advanced Spreadsheets
- Organisational System Security
- Project Planning with IT
- Digital Graphics
Students who have not achieved English or Mathematics at GCSE Grade C or above will continue to study these subjects as part of their programme of study.
- Access onto the course can be through the following:
- Obtaining 5 GCSEs at grade A-C, including Mathematics and English
- Progressing learners, who have met their personal targets, will be considered including those who have successfully completed a Level 2 Diploma in Computing
- Mature learners are also welcome to apply for the course and requirements may be flexible
You will be internally assessed on your coursework throughout the course and given
verbal and written feedback for all assignments. Formal grading of individual units occurs at the end of each unit. Assessments of learners' work is monitored by an external verifier from the examining body. There are no formal exams on this course.
Students who are studying English or Mathematics will have formal exams.
Students who successfully complete this programme can progress onto an Extended Diploma
in Computing where a further 9 units will be studied.
The course structure is designed to provide learners with stepping stones towards degree level studies. Although progression into employment is a possibility from the Diploma and Extended Diploma courses, most learners gain employment after studying at degree level.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Lindsey College directly.