ICT BTEC at Wolverley CofE Secondary School
Completing this course will give you an Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Information Technology (IT).
- Directed Study
- Personal Tutorials Assessment
A grade scale of pass, merit and distinction is applied to all units. All units will be internally assessed through portfolio evidence. Examples of Units are:
Unit 1 - Communication and Employability Skills for IT
1. Understand the personal attributes valued by employers
2. Understand the principles of effective communication
3. Be able to use IT to communicate effectively
4. Be able to address personal development needs.
Unit 2 - Computer Systems
1. Understand the components of computer systems
2. Be able to recommend computer systems for a business purpose
3. Be able to set up and maintain computer systems.
Additional Units will be chosen and delivered by your course tutor.
Students will be considered depending upon qualifications, experience and interview. Typically you will have one of the following:
1. 4 GCSEs at Grade C or above including GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English.
2. BTEC Level 2 Creative media at Pass or above
3. GCSE I.T at Grade C or above.
4. Computing Grade C or above.
Successful completion of year 1 will allow you to move onto year 2 or consider employment in areas involving the use of IT/games development. Students who successfully complete this course will be able to apply for university or apply for work in the I.T or gaming sector.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wolverley CofE Secondary School directly.