Creative Hair and Media Make Up Artistry C&G Level 3. at Hugh Baird College
This course will give you a vocational qualification which focuses on the development of underlying principles and practical skills required in the creative hair and media make up industry. The course will deliver a high level of occupational capability and provide a sound platform for progression within the creative hair and media make up industry.
The programme also includes studying Maths and English towards GCSE grade A-C if you do not already have these grades.
- Working in the film, TV and theatre industry
- The creation and presentation of a look book and an industry portfolio
- Fashion and photographic make up
- Media make up creative hair design
- Create historical hair and make up looks
- Apply body art
- Camouflage make up
- Media make up blogging
- Avant-garde hair and make up
- Cutting and styling techniques for performers
- Specialist bridal hair and make up
In order to qualify for this course, you will need:
- GCSE Maths and English at grade A*- C are desirable but not essential.
- Creative Hair and Media Make Up Artistry - Level 2 at Merit level or above
- Women's and Men's Hairdressing Level 2 at Merit level or above
- Beauty / Spa Therapy - Level 2 at Merit level or above
Entry to all courses are subject to a successful interview, a satisfactory reference from your school or employer and evidence that you will be a committed student.
16 - 18 Years: Free
- Hair Stylist
- Make Up Artist
- Fashion Stylist
- Salon or Spa Manager
- Beauty/Make Up Consultant
- Beauty Magazine Editor
- Film/Media Industry Consultant
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hugh Baird College directly.