A Level Modern Languages at Brentwood Ursuline Convent High School
The AS/A2 courses build on the knowledge and skills of GCSE through relevant and interesting topics and provide a basis for the further study of foreign languages at degree level.
At AS, students study four general topic areas:
• Youth culture and concerns
• Lifestyle: health and fitness
• The world around us: travel, tourism, environmental issues and the French/Spanish-speaking world
• Education and employment
At A2, students carry on studying the AS themes and cover a further three general topic areas:
• Customs, traditions, beliefs and religions
• National and international events: past, present and future
• Literature and the arts
A2 students also undertake a piece of research in an area of literature, film or history.
Students opting for these courses should have achieved at least GCSE ‘B’ grade at a Higher tier examination in their chosen language. A good grade at GCSE English is also desirable
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Brentwood Ursuline Convent High School directly.