Carpentry and Joinery at Prospects College of Advanced Technology
If you are interested in a career in Carpentry and Joinery, then PROCAT has the perfect course for you. A further education course delivered by our dedicated team of instructors will really kick-start your career. The UK construction industry makes a vital contribution to the economy. However, there is a skills shortage in the industry in both site carpentry and bench joinery. Learning a trade gives you the skills and qualifications you need to get you working and earning a great living. - See more at: http://www.procat.ac.uk/course/carpentry-and-joinery#sthash.9QI3ho7Z.dpuf
You will combine practical learning in our workshops with theory sessions, concentrating on the following:
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
- Understanding information, quantities and communication with others
- Understanding construction technology
- Prepare and use carpentry & joinery portable power tools
- Carry out first fixing operations
- Carry out second fixing operations
- Carry out structural carcassing operations
- Carry out maintenance to non-structural carpentry work
If you enjoy using your hands, have good hand and eye co-ordination and enjoy being part of a team then a Carpenter or Joiner could be the ideal role for you.
- See more at: http://www.procat.ac.uk/course/carpentry-and-joinery#sthash.9QI3ho7Z.dpuf
Small family-run companies, larger contractors or you could work for yourself. - See more at: http://www.procat.ac.uk/course/carpentry-and-joinery#sthash.9QI3ho7Z.dpuf
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Prospects College of Advanced Technology directly.