Business Studies AQA A Level at St Bernard's High School
This course takes a holistic approach to Business, it demonstrates the interrelated nature of business using models, theories and techniques to support the analysis of contemporary business issues and situations.
Students will develop the knowledge and skills needed to analyse data, think critically about issues and make informed decisions – skills that are key whether pursuing further study or employment.
An introduction to key business areas: marketing, operations, finance and human resource management. This includes a special focus on decision making – particularly how decisions made in one area can affect the rest of the business.
- Topic 1 – What is business?
- Topic 2 – Managers, leadership and decision making
- Topic 3 – Decision making to improve marketing performance
- Topic 4 – Decision making to improve operational performance
- Topic 5 – Decision making to improve financial performance
- Topic 6 – Decision making to improve human resource performance
An investigation of the strategic decisions that all businesses have to make.
- Topic 7 – Analysing the strategic position of a business
- Topic 8 – Choosing the strategic direction
- Topic 9 – Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies
- Topic 10 – Managing strategic change
- Grade B in GCSE Business Studies or Point 6 in GCSE English and GCSE Mathematics.
- The assessment consists of three 2 hour written exams taken at the end of the two-year course.
- Each exam will be worth a third of the A level.
- All three papers will draw on material from the whole course, and will feature a range of question styles including multiple choice questions, short answer questions, essay questions, data response questions and case studies.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Bernard's High School directly.