Hospitality Level 3 at South Essex College
For those who want a career in the hospitality industry, this course covers all the important skills required to either take up employment or go on to higher education.
System ref: #1614
- the hospitality industry
- providing customer care in hospitality
- financial control in hospitality
- food service organisation
- planning and managing a hospitality event
- contemporary world food
- principles of nutrition
- supervisory skills in hospitality
- food and drinks service
- personal selling and promotional skills for hospitality
- four GCSEs at grade C or above, including maths, with English at grade D or above, or
- Professional Cookery Level 2 Diploma (or equivalent) and maths and English at level 1
- successful attendance at interview event and satisfactory references
There are a variety of assessments for each unit which will include a mixture of coursework and practical tasks. These are assessed internally and verified by Edexcel. Students will earn either a Pass, Merit or Distinction for each unit and the overall grade for the course will be assessed on the aggregate level of achievement for all units. Students who perform exceptionally throughout the course will be awarded a Distinction (star) grade.
FREE to UK/EU under 19s not in employment
After successful completion of the course you may progress to employment in hospitality, leisure travel or tourism, or to a higher level course of study such as Foundation or BA (Hons) Hospitality Management.
- Functional Skills
- CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Essex College directly.