Site Carpentry Level 3 at Gateshead College
This programme builds on your Level 2 qualification in Site Carpentry and develops your management potential within the industry.
- Analyse technical information, quantities and communication with others.
- Analyse the construction industry and built environment.
- Carry out first fixing operation.
- Carry out second fixing operations.
- Erect complex structural carcassing components.
- understand Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries.
- Install and maintain non-structural and structural components.
- Set up and operate cutting and shaping machinery.
- A vocationally revelevant Level 2 programme with GCSE English and maths at grade C or better
- In addition to the entry requirements it is essential that you have evidence of either relevant employment or work experience in the business sector, which may include voluntary work.
Fast-track to an apprenticeship
If you can’t find the right apprenticeship vacancy or you want to do some studying first - no problem. You can start on a vocational study programme then once you’re ready and a vacancy becomes available, we’ll help you transfer on to an apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Gateshead College directly.