Business Studies A level at Valentines High School
Year 12 and 13 outline
The subject content can be broken down into 10 areas.
- What is business?
- Managers, leadership and decision making.
- Decision making to improve marketing performance.
- Decision making to improve operational performance.
- Decision making to improve financial performance.
- Decision making to improve human resource performance.
- Analysing the strategic position of a business.
- Choosing strategic direction.
- Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies.
- Managing strategic change.
1st year of the A Level = Content 1-6
2nd year of A Level = Content 7-10
GCSE grade B in Business Studies if taken and grade B English language.
The A Level examination consists of three written papers. These exam papers are worth 33% of the final A Level grade. These papers have a mix of question styles, including multiple-choice questions, questions based on data, and case studies. All three exams are 2 hours in length.
In the past many of our students have pursued university courses in business related topics following their A Levels. Following success at university many have then gone off to careers in areas such as accountancy, banking, business/retail management, ICT, human resources management and marketing.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Valentines High School directly.