Health and Social Care BTEC Level 3 at St Martin in the Fields High School for Girls
In the first year you will study core units including:-
- Fundamentals of anatomy and physiology
- Communication & Supportive Skills
- Vocational Experience for health and social care.
- Psychology perspectives for health and social care
- Sociological perspectives for health and social care
- Health and safety and security in health and social care
- Equality, Diversity & Rights in care work
- Development through the life stages.
You will also take 4 additional units. These are:
- Nutrition for Health and Social Care
- Caring for children and young people.
- Complementary Therapies
- Coping with change in a health and social care context
Work experience placements, work shadowing and practical activities form an integral part of the course. You will be visiting organisations such as hospitals, nurseries and health clinics and will get the opportunity to meet and work with professionals from different care sectors. You will also carry out extended projects and assignments. Take this qualification either on its own or with an additional AS Level (Good complementary subjects include Sociology, Psychology, English, General Studies).
5 A*-C grades at GCSE including English and Mathematics. Merit or above in Level 2 Health and Social Care if taken.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Martin in the Fields High School for Girls directly.