English Language A level at Edgbarrow School
Component 1 – Language, the Individual and Society Assessed by examination: written exam: 2 hours 30 minutes; 100 marks; 40% of A-level
• Textual Variations and Representations
• Children’s Language Development
Component 2 – Language Diversity and Change Assessed by examination: written exam: 2 hours 30 minutes; 100 marks; 40% of A-level
• Language Diversity and Change
• Language Discourses
Component 3 – Language in Action Assessed by teachers, moderated by AQA Coursework assessment: Word count: 3,500; 100 marks; 20% of A-level
• Writing skills
• Language Investigation (2,000 words excluding data)
• a piece of original writing and commentary (1,500 words total)
This is a two year course
Advanced Level English Language is widely accepted as an entry qualification to university. Students can follow a wide range of career opportunities after their studies such as journalism, the media, law, politics and teaching.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Edgbarrow School directly.