Performing & Production Arts UAL Level 3 Extended Diploma at Macclesfield College
This course provides an excellent and varied programme giving access to Higher Education or to a wide variety of Performing Arts
careers. You will develop skills, knowledge and understanding in Performing Arts and apply your learning in a practical and realistic way.
This course may be for you if you have a passion for performing and enjoys learning in a practical and energetic environment. You may also enjoy group work and want to improve your confidence, vocal and acting skills as well as finding out more about the performing arts industry.
During this course you will study the following twelve units:
- Principles of performance
- Engaging with an audience
- Introduction to professional practice
- Critical and contextual awareness
- Production skills and context
- Performance skills and context
- Preparation for specialist study
- Collaborative performance project
- Developing performance and production skills
- Preparing for progression
- Exploration of specialist study and context
- Extended project
Alongside your main programme of study you will also study either GCSE or Functional Skills in English and Maths if you have not achieved a GCSE grade C or above. If you have achieved a grade C or above in GCSE English and Maths, you will engage in extending these skills through a Directed Study Programme.
For this course you will need to have achieved one of the following:
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs Grade A*-C to include English Language
- A Level 2 qualification (e.g. BTEC Level 2 Diploma) at Merit grade or above and Functional Skills English at Level 2 or above
On receipt of your application to study this course you will be invited to attend an admissions interview with a member of the teaching team to discuss the course and its requirements further.
You will be assessed through project and assignment work. There are no external examinations. Each unit is graded Pass, Merit, Distinction
and then an overall grade of Pass, Merit, Distinction or Distinction* is awarded on completion.
GCSE and Functional Skills qualifications are assessed through external examination and portfolio work.
On successful completion of this course you may wish to:
- Apply to study at Higher Education or undertake a Degree in Performing Arts/ Performing Arts related subject
- Pursue career opportunities in the performing arts industry such as an actor/actress, performer, theatre and back stage support, or dancer
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Macclesfield College directly.