Hairdressing Intermediate Apprenticeship – Level 2 at Dudley College
Qualified professional hairdresser that can work in Industry to commercial viable times, successfully running a column of clients in the workplace offering advanced treatments and attending college on a day release basis.
You will study the following units:
• Style and finish hair
• Set and dress hair
• Cut hair using basic techniques
• Colour and lighten hair
• Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
• Develop and maintain effectiveness at work
• Advise and consult with clients.
• Cut men's' hair using basic techniques
• Fulfil salon reception duties
• Colour and lighten men's' hair.
• Provide hairdressing consultation services
• Creatively style and dress hair
• Creatively cut hair using a variation of techniques
• Creatively colour and lighten hair.
• Hair colour correction services
• Develop and enhance your creative hairdressing skills
• Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities.
Plus additional units for functional skills and Employers' Rights and Responsibilities (ERR). You will be based in a hairdressing salon where you will receive real-work experience and training. The hairdressing programme incorporates both college and work-based assessment.
You must be in employment or have secured your own work placement and worked in the salon environment for at least one month. Apprenticeship Level 2: GCSEs at grade 3 or above in English and Maths excellent communication skills and a successful interview You must be prepared to continue your studies in Maths and English to improve your grades.
Practical observations and online tests to cover knowledge units.
Ladies Hairdressing NVQ Level 3 Apprenticeship
Level 4 Salon Management.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Dudley College directly.