Accessibility links

Physical Education AS & A Level at Beauchamps High School

Course description

Students will sit 3 exams which will total 70% of the course. At the end of their two years of study. The remaining 30% will consist of a practical performance/coaching and an Evaluation and Analysis of Performance for Improvement.

  • Exam 1
    Applied Anatomy and Physiology, Exercise Physiology and Biomechanics.
    30% of total A Level.
  • Exam 2
    Skill Acquisition and Sports Psychology.
    20% of total A Level.
  • Exam 3
    Sport and Society, Contemporary issues in Physical Activity and Sport.
    20% of total A Level.
  • Non-Exam Assessment
    15% Practical/Sport (Performance/Coaching)
    15% Analysis and Evaluation of Performance for Improvement (EAPI).

Entry requirements

Grade B or above in GCSE PE and Grade B or above in GCSE Science. Due to requirements of the course, students must be able to demonstrate a continued involvement at club level competitive sport.

Future opportunities

Personal Fitness Instructor, Sports Coach, Sports Psychologist, PE Teacher/Lecturer or Physiotherapy. The transferable skills you learn through your study of Physical Education, such as decision making and independent thinking are also useful in any career path you choose to take.

How to apply

If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Beauchamps High School directly.

Last updated date: 03 November 2016

Key information

Venues