Electrical Installation Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 at Gloucestershire College
This Level 3 apprenticeship will teach you the theory and regulations of Electrical Installation which includes wiring systems, health and safety policies and the science and principles
.Electricians work on a very wide range of projects, from bringing power to homes to taking part in major engineering projects. Their tasks can range from transporting data along fibre optic cables to programming computer-controlled ‘intelligent’ buildings and factories. They can also work with renewable technology, such as wind turbines or photovoltaic systems that turn the sun’s energy into electricity.
As an electrician, you may work in one or more of the following areas:
- Complex projects such as shopping centres, sports stadiums, hospitals and new housing projects
- Advanced data-cabling, data-handling systems and fibre-optic systems
- Computer controlled building management systems
- Renewable energy systems
- Control equipment for complex industrial manufacturing and processing
- Practical training to develop knowledge in chosen occupational area
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
You will need to have 4-5 GCSE's at A* to C Grade including English and Maths and Science.
Upon successfully completing your Level 3 qualification you will be able to work unsupervised in the electrical industry and take up further specialist training.
Steel toe capped shoes/boots and sturdy clothing to protect your body will be required.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Gloucestershire College directly.