Health and Social Care Level 3 Diploma/Extended Diploma at Warwickshire College Group
This course covers the range of knowledge and skills that you need to be successful in a career in the health and care sector. You will learn about various health and care settings and also have a chance to apply your learning during work experience.
This course is suitable for young people who wish to study full time and gain a qualification in Health and Social Care in order to progress to Higher Education or employment.
You will study 18 units over the two years.
Mandatory Units are:
- Developing Effective Communication in Health and Social Care
- Equality, Diversity and Rights in Health and Social Care
- Health, Safety and Security in Health and Social Care
- Development Through the Life Stages
- Anatomy and Physiology for Health and Social Care
- Sociological Perspectives for Health and Social Care
- Psychological Perspectives for Health and Social Care
- Personal and Professional Development in Health and Social Care*
Optional Units may then include:
- Values and Planning in Social Care
- Caring for Children and Young People
- Safeguarding Adults and Promoting Independence
- Public Health
- Physiological Disorders
- Promoting Health Education
- Nutrition for Health and Social Care
- Complementary Therapies for Health and Social Care
- Human Inheritance for Health and Social Care
- Research Methodology for Health and Social Care
Application is via the college website.
A variety of methods are used to assess your progress. These include essays. examinations individual and group presentations, case studies, assignments, projects, work based assignments.
The awarding body, will award you a Pass, Merit or Distinction grade for each module according to how well you cover the learning outcomes specified. You are required to complete a minimum of 100 hours work placement experience.
On successful completion of the extended Diploma course you could progress to our Foundation Degree in Health or apply to an alternative Higher Education course Relevant degree courses could include; nursing, midwifery, physiotherapy,social/youth work or teaching.
Alternatively at Diploma Level you could seek employment in health and social care settings such as hospitals, surgeries, nursing and care homes.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Warwickshire College Group directly.