RELIGIOUS AND MORAL DEVELOPMENT at The Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School
This course aims to:
- Promote independent and interdependent learning.
- Develop an enquiring approach to matters of belief and truth.
- Develop the capacity of students to think coherently and consistently.
- Have a significant role in students’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural education.
- Impact on their learning in other subjects.
- Be faithful to the Church.
- Find its focus in the human person enquiring into matters of truth, justice, respect, self-worth, self-transcendence and self-sacrifice.
- Enable students to become active Catholic citizens through their involvement in local charities.
This course will enable students to:
- Develop the knowledge, understanding and skills to think spiritually, ethically and theologically, and to be aware of the demands of religious commitment in everyday life.
- Reflect critically on the ultimate questions of life.
- Develop skills required to engage in critical examination of and reflection upon religious belief and practice in our culture.
- Explore and respect different faith traditions within contemporary society.
- Develop and articulate their own faith positions.
- Appreciate the relationship between religious belief, personal faith and lived experience.
- Develop the skills and attitudes to respond to the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life.
There are no specific entry requirements as all students will follow this course.
The course is accredited by the National Open College Network (NOCN). There are no examinations or coursework requirements. There will be short pieces of assessed work completed in class in order to meet the assessment objectives of the NOCN.
Following the Religious and Moral Development course means that students will leave Cardinal Wiseman as young people who are not simply a set of exam results. They will have formed educated opinions about the world around them and they will have been provided with that “extra something” that makes a person a more interesting candidate for university.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School directly.