Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles Level 2 Diploma at Truro and Penwith College
The course is taught in our well-equipped workshops and classrooms, it will involve completion of theoretical study using classroom delivery, assignments, phase tests and on-line multi-choice exams. The practical sessions require you to satisfy practical assessment criteria using pre-set tasks with the results recorded in a practical task workbook.
This programme involves the maintenance and servicing of motor vehicles. Topics include:
- Knowledge of routine light vehicle maintenance
- Knowledge of light vehicle engine mechanical, lubrication and cooling system units and components
- Knowledge of removing and replacing light vehicle electrical units and components
- Knowledge of removing and replacing light vehicle chassis units and components
- Knowledge of light transmission and driveline units and components
- Knowledge of light vehicle fuel, ignition, air and exhaust system units and components
- Health and safety.
The course is aimed at those who wish to develop their practical skills to enable them to work in industry.
4 x D grade GCSE including Maths, English and preferably Science and ICT. Alternatively a Level 1 Diploma in Light Vehicle Technology and Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Maths.
There is continuous assessment of practical work throughout the course and end of unit on-line multi-choice examinations. Students will also need to produce a portfolio of evidence in the form of a folder of assessed college work gained over the year.
Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Mechanical Maintenance and Repair Principles.
After successful completion of this course you could gain employment and continue further study via block release courses on an Apprenticeship programme.
We encourage you to refer to your notes made during technology classes outside of college hours; in addition we recommend that you secure access to a motor vehicle technology textbook to assist you with areas of technology that you require extra assistance with. Teachers will provide you with external web links and resources which will help you in your studies.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Truro and Penwith College directly.