Graphics A Level at Heanor Gate Science College
Graphics is a creative subject where students get to experiment and explore the visual world around them using a range of media. Students must be enthusiastic about Art and Design, as much of their time will be spent researching designers, artists and art styles or movements. They will then be encouraged to express themselves through their work and develop their own style.
NB From Sept 2015 AS and A Level Art/ Graphics will be two stand-alone qualifications. The A level will not be assessed until the second year of teaching and the first year of the A level course will be spent teaching subject knowledge, skills and techniques.
- Unit 1 PORTFOLIO 60%
Candidates will be introduced to a variety of experiences employing a range of media, processes and techniques appropriate to their chosen area of study
- Unit 2 EXTERNALLY-SET ASSIGNMENT 40% of AS level grade A question paper containing five exciting starting points for a portfolio of work. The work will start on the 1st February and will culminate in a 150hour exam taken over 2 days.
- Unit 1 PERSONAL INVESTIGATION 60% of A level grade A personal investigation in which candidates develop work in response to an idea, issue, concept or theme of their choosing.
- Unit 2 EXTERNALLY-SET EXAM 40% of A level grade A question paper containing five exciting starting points for a portfolio of work. The work will start on the 1st February and will culminate in a 15 hour exam taken over 3 days.
A Grade C or above at GCSE in Graphics and/or Art.
Art/Graphics students should expect to find career opportunities in:
- Graphic Design
- 2 and 3 Dimensional Design
- Fashion and Textiles
- Costume and Theatre Design
- Interactive Design
- Web Design
- Game design
- App design
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Heanor Gate Science College directly.