Travel and Tourism Foundation Diploma (Level 1) at Leeds City College
Travel and Tourism is one of the fastest growing industries in the world.
This course gives you a broad understanding of the different aspects of working in the Travel and Tourism industry, from the importance of customer service to the role and responsibilities of a Resort Representative and Air Cabin Crew.
- Interpersonal skills for the travel and tourism workplace
- Customer service and selling skills for travel and tourism
- Travel and tourism support services
- Resort representatives
- Meet and Greet in travel and tourism services
- Planning an event
- Review and evaluation skills
This level 1 qualification gives you the chance to learn more about the industry and is an ideal 'hands on' way to help develop your confidence within a fully supportive team.
Travel and Tourism is one of the fastest growing industries in the world. The Level 1 and Level 2 qualifications give you an insight into the many different parts of the industry, from the importance of customer service to the role and responsibilities of a resort representative and the air cabin crew. The courses include exploring customer service, the role of air cabin crew and the overseas resort representative, how to display products and services, planning a trip to a visitor attraction, scheduled, chartered and low cost airlines and planning for your career in the industry.
Progress through the levels to more advanced knowledge and understanding of the industry to Level 3, degree level and employment.
You will learn:
- Interpersonal skills for the travel & tourism workplace
- Principles of customer service in hospitality, leisure, travel & tourism
- Worldwide travel and tourism destinations
- Customer Service and selling skills for travel & tourism
- Travel & tourism support services
- Resort Representatives
- Tourist information services
- Meet and greet in travel and tourism services
- Planning an event
- Event and review and evaluation skills.
The course is for 16 - 18 year olds. We interview all applicants and usually require you to have GCSE's at Grade D - G or the equivalent.
You are continually assessed throughout the course with one-to-one tutorials to check on your progress. There will be a range of different assessment techniques used throughout the course. This could include assignment reports, presentations, role-plays and interviews.
Successful completion of the course can lead on to progression to the C&G L2 Diploma in Travel & Tourism. In addition to this you can apply directly for work.
English and Maths will be built into your course if your grades are below 4/5
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.