Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) at Mayflower High School
The Extended Project Qualification is a Level 3 qualification that is aimed at extending and developing the learner’s main programme of study. It is available in either Year 12 or 13 as an AS Level qualification. It will be based around a topic chosen by the student involving an extended research project (an extended project can be either a 5,000 word written project, or a much shorter text with an artefact (e.g. a performance, a piece of software, a piece of art)). Learners are required to:
1. Choose an area of interest;
2. Draft a title and aims of the project for approval by the centre;
3. Plan, research and carry out the project;
4. Analyse, evaluate and synthesise data sets;
5. Deliver a presentation to a specified audience;
6. Provide evidence of all stages of project development and production for assessment.
Students must be signed onto an AS Level, A Level or BTEC Level 3 course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Mayflower High School directly.