Sociology A Level at Southmoor Academy
The study of Sociology focuses on contemporary society and fosters the development of critical and reflective thinking with a respect for social diversity. Students are encouraged to develop their own sociological awareness through active engagement with the contemporary social world.
Over the course, you will:
• acquire knowledge and a critical understanding of contemporary social processes and social changes
• appreciate the significance of theoretical and conceptual issues in sociological debate
• understand and evaluate sociological methodology and a range of research methods through active involvement in the research process
• develop skills that enable individuals to focus on their personal identity, roles and responsibilities within society
• develop a lifelong interest in social issues.
Minimum grade 6 in both English and Maths
Paper 1: Education with Theory and Methods
Paper 2: Topics in Sociology
Paper 3: Crime and Deviance with Theory and Methods
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Southmoor Academy directly.