Mathematics AS & A Level at Churchill Community College
Studying mathsimproves …
- Analytical Skills – clear thinking, attention to detail, ability to follow complex reasoning, ability to understand and construct logical arguments
- Communication skills – ability to answer questions clearly and to communicate an argument precisely and logically, both orally and in written form.
- Investigative Skills – knowing where and how to find information.
- Learning Skills – ability to understand difficult concepts and apply them to a problem
- Problem Solving Skills – being able to present a solution clearly, take a flexible approach, tackle a problem with confidence and appreciate when to seek help.
- Self management – thorough approaches to work, time management, ability to work independently, determination.
- Team Work – students often work together to solve problems.
Minimum of 5A*-C at GCSE including at least a Grade B at GCSE Mathematics.
Six modular exams: 3 exams in May of Year 12 leading to AS Mathematics and a further 3 exams in June of Year 13.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Churchill Community College directly.