Public Services Principal Learning Level 1 at The City of Liverpool College
This is a one year course for 16-18 year olds which is designed to equip students with the essential skills needed when considering a future working in the uniformed public services, such as: Fire Service; Royal Air Forces; Navy; Coastguards; Prison Service; Army; Customs and Excise or the Police.
The aim of the course is to give a realistic insight into each of the roles and responsibilities of the Uniformed Public Services and to prepare students for the unique challenges that working life in the UK’s public services brings.
There are two elements to the course, the first is practical based and includes subjects such as teambuilding and fitness activities, the second is around classroom based research in subjects such as getting to know the Public Services and protecting communities.
On this course you will study:
• Getting to Know the Public Services
• Public Services in Local Communities
• Maintaining Health and Wellbeing in Communities
• Protecting Communities 30 Internal
• Communicating with Public Service Users
• Working in the Public Services
No formal qualifications required, but GCSE and vocational qualifications are an advantage. There will be an initial assessment conducted before the course starts. All applicants will need to complete a satisfactory interview. You should show a genuine interest in the study of public services, be disciplined and committed to working hard.
BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Public Services
Occupations related to this course:
- Chief executive or senior official
- Prison service officer (below principal officer)
- Fire service officer (watch manager or below)
- Police officer (sergeant or below)
- NCO or other ranks
- Business, research or administrative professional n.e.c.
- Business or financial project management professional
- Senior officer in fire, ambulance, prison or related services
- Senior police officer
- Officer in armed forces
- Elected officer or representative
- Public services associate professional
You will benefit from trips and visits spending time with the Armed Forces and the Civilian Uniformed Services, in addition you will work alongside guest speakers from each of the Uniformed Public Services to assist you in developing a realistic view of working life in this sector. There will also be opportunities to take part in a residential for 5 days.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The City of Liverpool College directly.