Applied Science BTEC National Level 3 Extended Certificate at Banbury Academy
This is a two year course made up of multiple units that need to be completed. The more units completed the higher the qualification attained.
Four units to complete. Two are coursework based and assessed internally and two are examined. Exams are 90 minutes long
First Year Units:
- Principles and Applications of Science
- Practical Scientific Procedures and Techniques
- Science Investigation Skills
Second Year Units
- Genetics and Genetic Engineering
- Practical Chemistry Analysis
- Forensic Evidence, Collection and Analysis
Science GCSE at grade C BTEC in Science
This BTEC course is useful for a variety of careers due to the broad nature of the Science covered. It can lead into careers such as laboratory technician or the police. Below are some of the destinations of previous students.
- Criminal Investigation, Birmingham City University
- Veterinary Nursing, Warwickshire College
- Forensic Psychology, University of Central Lancashire
- Criminology and Security Studies, Birmingham City University
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Banbury Academy directly.