Business Studies A level at Woodbridge High School
- The diverse nature of business enterprise and its ever-changing character
- The interdependence of the business world and of business itself with society and economics
- A critical understanding of organisations, the market they serve and the process of adding value
- An awareness that business behaviour can be studied from the prospective of a range of stakeholders
- The importance of economic, environmental, ethical, governmental, legal, social and technological issues associated with business activity.
At least a Grade B in GCSE Business if studied at GCSE. Grade C in GCSE English and Maths are required.
The A-level is assessed by three two hour written exams at the end of Year 13:
Paper 1: Multiple-choice questions, short answer and two essays.
Paper 2: Three compulsory data response questions.
Paper 3: One compulsory case study consisting of six questions.
As with all A Level subjects, successful completion of this course will enable progression onto both further and higher education, a modern Apprenticeship or employment in a range of industries. Business Studies will equip you with many of the valuable skills required in the modern employment market.
As there are so many different themes within Business Studies you will have a real insight into a number of areas which you can go on further to high education to specialise in. Business is the most popular University course and whatever aspect you excel in can be studied at a higher level.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Woodbridge High School directly.