Safe Moving and Handling of People at Acacia Training
To equip participants to undertake a range of manual handling activities safely, minimising risk to themselves and those they may be assisting. This course covers: -Introduction -What is Manual Handling? -Legislation -Risk Assessment -Causes of Back Pain -The Spine -Banned Moves -Alternatives -Practical ExercisesWho Should Apply:
All staff who undertake moving and handling of people.This is suitable for new members of staff or as an update. Annual update training required.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the basic anatomy of the spine, human kinetics and back care
- Understand the responsibilities of employee and employer in relation to Manual Handling legislation
- Understand the basic principals of safe manual handling
- Identify appropriate manual handling techniques
- Understand the importance of correct load assessment and will have participated in practical exercises and practised a range of manual handling situations
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Acacia Training directly.