Professional Cookery Level 2 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Are you looking to begin or enhance your career in the diverse catering and hospitality industries?
This course has been specially designed to further develop your culinary skills, whether you are an experienced chef or new to catering. It is ideal if you are progressing from a relevant Level 1 course, or from professional experience.
You will gain practical knowledge in a range of areas, learning to prepare, cook and present fish and shellfish, meat, poultry and game, vegetable dishes, sauces and dressings, patisserie, baked goods and desserts. You will also look at gastronomy and food culture, the latest health and safety procedures.
You will be able to enjoy the benefits of a full-time course, whilst gaining practical work skills in the College's excellent kitchen and restaurant facilities.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Classroom based learning
- Tutorial support
- Skill building sessions
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
- Practical sessions in a realistic working environment
- Relevant Level 1 qualification, such as Professional Cookery Level 1; or,
- Suitable GCSE or Welsh Baccalaureate grades; or, relevant knowledge and professional experience.
- You must be willing to learn new skills.
- Attention to timekeeping, presentation and attendance are essential.
- You will be expected to purchase kit, uniform and books, costing approximately £280 (subject to change). Help towards this cost may be available through grants.
- Places on the programme are subject to interview
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical work
- Short written tests
Completion of this course can lead to a number of options in education and employment. You could move directly into employment and apply your knowledge and skills in the workplace. You are encouraged to gain work experience during this course, and may be able to secure a full position when you finish.
Alternatively, you may choose to progress onto a Level 3 course, where you can specialise in either cookery or hospitality. You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
Professional Food and Beverage Service – Supervision Level 3, available at:
Professional Patisserie and Confectionery Level 3, available at:
Professional Cookery (Kitchen and Larder) Level 3, available at:
- Bar Manager
- Conference & Events Manager
- Hotel Manager
Programme code: 0704A02B
This programme is available bilingually at the following campus(es):
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.