Animal and Horse Care Level 1 Diploma at Bridgwater College
- Anyone who would like to acquire the knowledge, skills and understanding to work in the Land-based industries.
- Anyone who wants a nationally recognised qualification to work in the land based industries.
- Anyone who would like to progress to higher vocational qualifications within their chosen Land-based industry.
This is a level one course which involves classroom-based and practical work with ‘hands-on’ experience in a variety of Land-based industries. You will complete 7 units for the full award taken from both Animal Care and Horse care pathways.
The course features visits and trips related to the course. The aim of the course is to equip you with the knowledge and skills to move into employment at a junior level or to progress to a level two vocational course.
Units of Study could include:
- Safe and effective working practices in Land–based industries
- Developing performance in Land-based industries
- Animals in the wild & in Society
- Assist with Handling and restraint
- Assist with the feeding and watering of animals
- Assist with the preparation for exercise and aftercare of horse
- Maintain the health of horses
- You will need GCSEs in the D – G range or other equivalent qualifications.
- A genuine interest in the Land-based industries and a willingness to learn.
- You will be invited to attend an interview to assess your suitability for the course.
Assessment is based on a portfolio of evidence that includes:
- Written assignments
- Practical assessments
- An externally marked ‘online' assessment.
Progress to full or part-time programmes e.g. BTEC Level 2 Diploma or a level 2 Apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bridgwater College directly.