Public Services BTEC Level 3 90-credit Diploma at Carshalton College
The BTEC Level 3 90 Credit diploma is a practical, work related course. You learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands. As well as learning about the employment area you have chosen, you develop the skills you need to start a career.
The Units you will study include:
- Government, Policies and the Public Services
- Leadership and Teamwork in the Public Services
- Citizenship, Diversity and Public Services
- Physical Preparation, Health and Lifestyle for the Public Services
- Understand the impact of war, conflict and terrorism on the Public Services
- Skills for water-based Outdoor and Adventurous Activities
- Crime and its effect on Society
- Custodial Care ServicesBehaviour in Public Sector Employment
Throughout the course you can also gain the following qualifications:
- Level 2 In Understanding Stewarding at Spectator Events
- Level 2 Maths/English Functional Skills
- GCSE English or Maths
Minimum four GCSEs at grades A-C (English essential) or you will have successfully completed a Level 2 programme up to Merit or Distinction. Level 1 or Level 2 Functional Skill in English Is also required.
A positive reference is required from your teacher, employer or tutor (if progressing internally or from another college), together with an excellent record for attendance and punctuality.
You may also be asked to demonstrate your commitment and skills in an interview.
Students are required to complete a portfolio (file) containing evidence of assignments, presentations, leadership tasks, group exercises and practical work.
Tuition, exam and registration fees not applicable to students aged 16-18 years.
You may be required to purchase a travelcard for additional visits that may be arranged during the year.
To enrol on this course you will be required to buy a uniform which will cost £40
BTEC diplomas are valued by employers and in higher education (colleges and universities).
Alternatively, students may progress into careers such as:
- The Police
- The Armed Forces
- The Fire Service
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Carshalton College directly.