International Baccalaureate Career-Related Programme **FEES PAYABLE** at Ryde School with Upper Chine
If you are a student who has a strong interest in developing skills for employment and career-development, and who would like to undertake a limited number of IB Diploma subjects, then the IBCP will offer you a package in which academic content is combined with practical, hands-on courses that will equip you with knowledge and skills that are highly valued in the 21st century world of employment.
The IBCP will also prepare students for university as it offers a high level of UCAS tariff points and the academic skills and knowledge to progress through to a higher academic level. The all round and specific skills that are required for graduate internships are in-built in the IBCP and this help students deal with the assessment activities for internships either after completing the IBCP or during a degree.
There are three elements to the IBCP
The IBCP core promotes the attributes of an IB education. These are based on reflection, open mindedness communication and critical thinking. There are four components:
- Approaches to Learning (soon to be PPS)
- Reflective Project
- Community Service (soon to be Service Learning)
- Language Experience
Students will begin with 3 Diploma Programme courses. The choices can come from any of the groups indicated in our options.
- GROUP 1 - First Language- English Literature & Language
- GROUP 2 - Second Language - French, German, Spanish or other languages for native speakers. There is the possibility of ab initio courses where demand is sufficient.
- GROUP 3 - Individuals & Societies - Economics, Geography, History or Psychology
- GROUP 4 - Experimental Sciences - Biology, Chemistry, Design Technology, Physics
- GROUP 5 - Mathematics - Mathematics or Maths Studies
- GROUP 6 - The Arts - Music, Theatre, Visual Arts
CAREER RELATED COURSES
Students will presently choose EITHER
- Marine Engineering
- Outdoor Adventure and Sports
- Finance Diploma
These will be recognised national career qualifications such as BTEC, City and Guilds and the CISI qualifications. There will need to be a minimum of 4 students for a course to run.
Students will have opportunities for workplace experiences during the course.
There will also be bolt on courses available to enhance the students’ experiences and qualifications. These may be courses such as the Yachtmaster, RYA qualifications in powerboat driving and first aid, the MCA courses in Firefighting and sea survival and Finance certificates.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ryde School with Upper Chine directly.