Children's Play, Learning & Development (Early Years Educator) BTEC Level 3 at Runshaw College
This is a two year programme for those wishing to work with children in either early years, primary or special needs settings.
You will complete four different placements gaining experience working with children aged 0-8 years.
The units studied cover all aspects of understanding and supporting children and how to apply this knowledge in the work place, including Child Development; Play and Learning; Safeguarding in Early Years and Health and Safety in Early Years Settings. Optional specialist units include Working with Children who have Additional Needs, and Supporting Children's Creativity. You will also complete a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate your skills working with young children.
Please note that due to the placements you will need to complete a Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check to confirm they do not have any cautions or convictions which would put in question their suitability to work in these areas.
What enrichment can I look forward to?
You will experience an exciting range of activities, including visiting speakers, trips and team building exercises.
For access to our Advanced Vocational courses, our entry requirements are 5 x grade C equivalent (5 x Grade 4 or C).
For Children's Play, Learning and Development specifically, this should include grade 4 in GCSE Maths and English Language.
How will I be assessed?
The course is assessed through coursework which takes the form of assignments, successful completion of each placement and external assessment.
What will this course prepare me for?
Successful completion of the course would lead to employment or higher education in:
• primary teaching
• early years teaching
• children’s nursing
• nursery practitioner - the qualification provides a license to practice as an early years practitioner
• community support worker (health visitor support)
• classroom assistant
• Edge Hill - primary teaching with QTS
• Edge Hill - Early Years Education with QTS
• Runshaw HE - Children, Young People and their Services
• University of Wolverhampton - Special Needs and Inclusion Studies
• University of Cumbria - Early Years Education
• UCLan - Policing or Criminology
• UCLan - Nursing Pre-Registration Child
• University of Cumbria - Early Years Education and Care
• Leeds Met - Early Years Teaching and Psychology
• Early Years Education and Care
• Primary Education.
Please contact the Schools Liaison team by phone on 01772 643000 or by email email@example.com. Our website also contains up to date further information on all courses that we offer.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.