Health & Social Care ( Single Award) at St Thomas More Catholic Academy - Trinity Sixth Form
How will i learn?
- Research activities
- Developing ICT skills
- Case studies and investigations to allow you to link theory to practice
- Practical Activities
- Group work
- Indepndent tasks
Health & Social Care give students the opportunity to develop independent learning skills highly regarded by universities.
All students will learn about:
- Building positive relationships in Health & Social Care
- Equality, diversity and rights in Health & Social Care
- Health, safety and security in Health & Social Care
- Anatomy and physiology for Health & Social Care.
These units will give learners
- An understanding of health and social care in the wider contexts of different environments and settings where care takes place.
- The importance of effective communication in health and social care.
- The importance of legislation in health and social care.
- How to deliver a person-centred approach in the care given
Learners will also develop transferable skills such as communication, research, planning and organisation.
Two further coursework units will be chosen with the needs of student in mind.
5 GCSE passes at a higher level (A*-C or 5-9) including English and Maths.
Examination: Equality, Diversity and Rights in Health Care (1 hour 30 minutes)
Coursework: Building Positive Relationship in Health & Social Care.
Plus one other unit of coursework
Written exam 1: Health, Safety and Security in Health & Social Care (1 hour 30 minutes)
Written exam 2: Anatomy and Physiology for Health & Social Care.
Plus one other unit of coursework.
This qualification isn't just about caring for babies or the elderly and the ill; it will provide learners with the skills, knowledge and understanding to progress into Higher Education on a health and social care-related programme such as Health and Social Care, Nursing, Social Work or Early Childhood Studies.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Thomas More Catholic Academy - Trinity Sixth Form directly.