BTEC Level 3 Public Services at Croesyceiliog School
The 60-credit BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma extends the specialist work-related focuses of the BTEC Level 3 Certificate. It covers knowledge and practical skills required for success when deciding on a career in the uniformed services i.e. Police, Fire & Rescue, Prison, Security or Armed Services.
The course will enable learners the opportunity to research the uniformed services looking at the government policies, citizenship and the physical preparation required to work in the public services. Teamwork, leadership, problem solving and communication are all essential attributes that students will gain and develop with the adventurous aspect of the course. Learners will be required to take part in activities that include canoeing, kayaking, rock climbing, sailing and hill walking, which will develop their expedition skills and help to evidence these key attributes. Public Services offer students greater flexibility and a choice of emphasis through the optional units. It is broadly equivalent to one GCE A Level. It offers an engaging programme for those who are clear about the area of employment that they wish to enter.
Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma
- Qualification credit value: a minimum of 60 credits.
- Minimum credit to be achieved at, or above, the level of the qualification: 45 credits.
- 360-guided-learninghour (GLH)
- Mandatory unit credit: 40 credits.
- Optional unit credit: 20 credits.
- A maximum of 15 optional credits can come from other QCF level 3 BTEC units to meet local needs (i.e. Sport BTEC)
- Government, Policies and the Public Services
- Leadership and Teamwork in the Public Services
- Citizenship, Diversity and the Public Services
- Physical Preparation, Health and Lifestyle for the Public Services
- Outdoor and Adventurous Expeditions
- A minimum 5 A* to C grades.
- A minimum of a grade C in Maths and English
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Croesyceiliog School directly.